Today we are going to tell you about the coldest places in the world, where the temperature goes below -67°C. Let us know about the coldest place in the world and their specialty. today we are going to tell you about such places in the world where it gets so cold, which you cannot even imagine.
There are places in the world where the temperature in winter goes below zero degree Celsius. These include areas such as Russia’s Oyemakon to Ladakh and Kashmir. Let us tell you how people live in the most snowy places in the world.
Here is the list of the top 10 coldest places in the world –
- Oymyakon – Russia : Coldest Place in The World
- Norilsk – Russia : Coldest City In World
- Yakutsk – Russia : Lowest Temperature In World
- Verkhoyansk – Russia : Coldest Place In World
- Barrow – Alaska: Coldest Place In World
- Ottawa – Canada : Coldest Place In World
- Vostok Station – Antarctica : Coldest Place In World
- Yukon, Canada : Coldest Place In World
- Harbin, China : Lowest Temperature In World
- Novosibirsk, Russia : Coldest Place In World
- Yellowknife, Canada : Coldest Place In World
- Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia : Lowest Temperature In World
- International Falls – Minnesota : Coldest Place In World
- Fraser – Colorado : Lowest Temperature In World
- North Ice – Greenland : Lowest Temperature In World
- Astana – Kazakhstan : Lowest Temperature In World
Oymyakon – Russia : Coldest Place in The World
A village in Siberia, Russia, is situated in a valley of snow, it has the highest cold in the world. The name of this village is Oyakone. The temperature here reaches -62°C. It is considered the coldest place in the world. The total population of this village is 500.
Norilsk – Russia : Coldest City In World, Richest City of Russia
The city of Norilsk is located in Siberia, Russia. It is so cold here that for 2 months in a year the city sinks in darkness. This city is called the coldest city in the world. Here snow falls for 270 days out of 365 days of the year i.e. about 9 months. The minimum temperature here reaches -61 ° C during winters. In this city, people have to face icy storms every third day. The city is located at a distance of about 2900 km from the capital Moscow. The distance of this city from the Arctic Circle is 300 km.
Reserves of nickel, platinum and palladium are found in this city. The richest people of Russia live here. It is also called the richest city of Russia. Due to being cut off from the rest of the country, these people call the rest of the country mainland. But everything of the modern era is present here.
There is a lot of mining and refining here, due to which it is considered one of the most polluted cities in the world. On this matter, National Geographic says that the amount of sulfur dioxide in the air is so high here that the vegetation of about 30 km radius has been destroyed.
Norilsk is the coldest city in the world, the richest city in Russia, and also the most polluted city in the world.
Yakutsk – Russia
The city of Yakutsk is also located in Russia. It is also considered one of the coldest cities in the world. In winter, the temperature here reaches an average of -40°C. So far, the lowest temperature recorded here is -63 degree Celsius. 3 lakhs people live here. Due to excess snow fall, farming is extremely difficult here, people mostly depend on fish.
Verkhoyansk – Russia : Coldest Place In World
The coldest village in the world is Oymyakon, which is southeast of Verkhoyansk, but the name of the village is recorded in the Guinness Book for recording the lowest temperature. The minimum temperature has been recorded as -67.5 degree Celsius in winter and 37.4 degree Celsius in summer. Each house has its own stock of water storage.
Temperature also affects everyday things. Batteries run very short. Pen’s ink dries before writing.
Horses and dogs here have fur on their bodies and most of their time is spent outside. Yakut horses are smaller, have more ability to survive the cold. People raise them for meat.
Barrow – Alaska: Coldest Place In World
Barrow is one of the densely populated cities of Alaska. About 4000 residents live here. The temperature in this city falls to -24°C in winter. It is a city north of Alaska that is popular for its heritage and indigenous people. It is the coldest city in the world.
Ottawa – Canada : Coldest Place In World
The city is popular for its architecture and museums. Despite it being the coldest city in the world, tourists visit it during the winter season. The city has a temperature of -14°C in the months of January. The city of Ottawa, the capital of Canada, experiences a harsh winter.
Vostok Station – Antarctica : Coldest Place In World
Vostok station in Antarctica is the coldest city in the world. Here the lowest temperature in the world reaches -82°C. This place is used as a Russian research station. It is the coldest place in the world. 90% of the world’s snow is present in Antarctica and a common rain here means snowfall in a desert of snow in cold temperatures with icy winds.
Yukon, Canada : Coldest Place In World
This sparsely populated city is a centre of attraction for tourists for its beautiful landscape, and icy mountains. During summer you can travel by train to this beautiful city and go on a trek to Rocky Mountain. The temperature here falls to -29°C during winter. When you visit this place during summer you can also see flora and fauna in the Yukon National Park.
Harbin, China : Lowest Temperature In World
Harbin is an icy city in China that houses many monuments and forts in European and Russian architecture. Millions of people live in this cold city and very low temperatures have been found at -46°C. Ice and snow festivals are organised here for tourists, which provide a unique attraction to the city. The city is also popular for its music and orchestra events.
Novosibirsk, Russia : Coldest Place In World
Russia is one of the coldest countries in the world. The city is famous for its ballet performances and has an average temperature of -9°C. The city is very cold during the winter months and despite the icy cold temperatures, the city remains bustling. For tourists, there are many scenic spots.
Yellowknife, Canada : Coldest Place In World
The city is close to the Arctic Circle and one of the coldest cities in Canada. It is covered with snow for most of the year. The lowest temperature ever recorded -51 degrees Celsius.
Summer is the best time to explore outdoor and adventurous activities such as hiking, snowmobiling and the northern lights.
Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia : Lowest Temperature In World
Most cities in Mongolia are very cold. yet millions of people living in these cities are left with snow and cold temperatures. Ulaanbaatar is the capital of Mongolia and its temperature goes up to -42°C. In some months when the temperature is tolerable, it is a good place for tourists to visit where many cultural and interesting places to see exist.
International Falls – Minnesota : Coldest Place In World
Minnesota’s climate is icy and cold for most of the year. The beautiful landscape in summer makes it an ideal place for hiking and trekking. You can enjoy ice fishing here in winter, although the temperature here will be quite cool.
Fraser – Colorado : Lowest Temperature In World
The temperature in this city goes up to -31°C. There is a ski resort which is quite popular and is a good place for skiing enthusiasts. It is a city whose beauty is covered with snow. Also the Fraser River covers the entire city. The city has a lot of fun and adventure activities available for tourists to enjoy.
North Ice – Greenland : Lowest Temperature In World
The place is used as a British research station, and has the lowest temperature in the world at -66°C. This place is densely populated as the icy cold remains here for most of the year. It is a remote place on earth with icy glaciers and winds. It is situated in the middle of the icy region of Greenland and has extremely cold temperatures for most of the year.
Astana – Kazakhstan : Lowest Temperature In World
It is one of the most beautiful cities in the world, where the finest architecture is seen. It is the capital of Kazakhstan. With the coldest winters as temperatures drop to -30°C. The city has many skyscrapers and landscapes that make it a beautiful city.
Ice Hotels : Have fun even in the cold in China & Finland
In China and Finland, it is so cold that ice hotels are being built there. Many such hotels are built in China’s Hailer district. One of these hotels is Mongolia Autonomous Region. Where the hotel walls, floors, room beds and restaurant tables and chairs are also made of ice.
An ice hotel has been built in Sweden’s remote village Jöktsjärvi. 31 thousand tons of ice has been used to build this hotel. The Ice hotel has been built every year since 1989. The hotel started with an igloo (house of snow) in 60 sq ft. Today the Ice hotel is spread over 59,200 sq ft.
coldest places and living there:
- world’s coldest village, Oymakon : The world’s coldest village, Oymakon, is known for its bitter winter. The temperature here often goes below -50 degrees. Living in Oyemakon, a population of 500 people in a snow valley in Siberia, Russia, is extremely difficult.
- Water never freezes here. Water remains at a level due to snow up to a depth of 5000 feet throughout the year. Before driving in Oymakon village, he has to keep it in a garage where the heater is installed.
- Fish, horse meat and dairy products are the main part of the food of the people here. Due to no fruit cultivation or trees, people here eat wild berry. After catching the fish due to the cold, the fishermen do not have to freeze it.
- Ladakh remains cut off from the world for about 6 months in the harsh winter. Before November, food and drink comes from Kashmir. Its preparation starts several months in advance.
- Due to limited dietary variety, dishes made of wheat, barley, corn, goat and lamb remain part of the diet. Apart from this, thukpa, chang, butter tea and skew are the local food here. In winter, we drink garlic soup to increase body temperature and immunity.
- In the winter, both men and women wear the Woolan overcotton dress, which is called gaucha. To protect against the wind, coloured wool is tightly tied on the waist, which is called scarrag. On the head wears shoes made of yak hair, wool and leather with a cap on the head.
- Americans adopt very interesting methods to survive in the winter. For example, to prevent the water pipe from freezing, leave the tap slightly open. This keeps them from freezing and bursting.
- Americans use low-voltage and carbon fiber-prepared electric blankets that keep the bed warm.
- Most houses are made of wood, due to which they are not very cold or hot.
- Kotatsu heaters are used in most homes during winter. It is a small size table, placed above the source of heat. Put a blanket over it and rest it by putting feet under the table. It also gives warmth to the people sitting around.
- Charcoal was first lit when the temperature was low, but it has now been replaced by electric blankets.
- Most of the catering items are warm-hearted. This includes Eudofu and Agedashidofu in particular.
- Eudofu is soup made by dipping small pieces of tofu into ponju sauce. Agedashidofu is also made from tofu.
- Fugu dishes made from puffer fish and nabe, along with protein-rich vegetables and oden (cooked in vegetables, meats, soy sauce and dash broth) are eaten.