Link Aadhar With Bank Account : Aadhar card is an important document in India. It is a valid identity card, address certificate and age certificate in India. To make Aadhar card more relevant to the people, the government introduced the concept of link Aadhar card with bank account.
Central and state governments use DBT (Direct Benefit Transfer) method to provide cash help i.e. subsidy to the needy people, Through which the amount of government subsidy is deposited directly in the bank account of the beneficiary.
But for this, the beneficiary’s bank account must be linked to Aadhaar. If you are given a subsidy from the government, then to get this government subsidy, you will have to link Aadhar card with bank account. Such as LPG Subsidy, Scholarship etc now directly transferred by the government to the beneficiary’s bank account.
If you do not know what is Aadhar linking or what is Aadhaar seeding then in this post we will give you complete information about it.
The government has made Aadhaar mandatory for many schemes. Banks are asking their customers to link the account to Aadhaar by 31 December 2017. According to the notification issued by the revenue department, if the Aadhaar is not linked to the bank account till the last date, then the account can also be closed. how to link Aadhar with your bank account. You can link your Aadhaar with bank account both online and offline method.
So that you too can take advantage of government schemes by Aadhar Seeding or linking Aadhaar to your account.
What is Aadhaar Seeding Or Aadhaar Linking ?
Linking Aadhaar card with bank account is called Aadhaar seeding. Through this, the government gets ease in implementing its schemes. With this, the subsidy from the schemes can be easily transferred to the beneficiary account.
Linking Aadhar card with bank account is completely optional. However, it is advisable to link Aadhar with bank account to make the transaction easier. Today we are going to tell you some ways through which you can link your Aadhar card with bank account.
There are 4 simple ways to link Aadhar card with bank account, today we will tell you about these methods in detail so that you can easily link your Aadhar card to bank account.
There are following ways to link Aadhar card with Bank Account.
- Link Aadhar card with bank account through the Nearest bank.
- Link Aadhaar with bank account through mobile app.
- Link Aadhar with bank account through net banking.
- Link Aadhaar with bank account through a bank ATM.
- Link Aadhaar with bank account through SMS.
We will tell you in detail about all the above mentioned method of link Linking Aadhar card with bank account.
1. Link Aadhar card with bank account through the Nearest bank
If you want to link Aadhaar card with bank account by going to the nearest bank branch, then follow the steps given below.
- In the bank, you have to fill an application form, in which you will have to give your name, age, date of birth, registered mobile number, bank account number and Aadhaar number etc.
- After this, you submit this form to the concerned officer of the bank.
- The Bank will verify your information.
- After verifying the information given by you, the bank officer will link your Aadhaar with Bank Account.
2. Link Aadhaar with bank account through mobile app
Today every bank has its own mobile app. If you want to link Aadhaar with your account via mobile app, follow the steps given below.
- First, Install the bank’s mobile app from the Google Play Store or Apple Store.
- Now open the Bank App and login to it.
- After login, you select “Link Aadhaar with Account“.
- Fill in the required information and click on OK.
- The bank will verify your information and will link your account to Aadhaar.
3. Link Aadhar with bank account through net banking
If you want to link Aadhaar with bank account through Net Banking, then you can easily do this work. Complete information about how to link Aadhaar with bank account through net banking is given below.
First of all, if you are not registered in the net banking facility offered by your bank, then go to the bank branch and register. If there are registers in Net Banking, follow the steps given below to link Aadhaar with bank account.
- Open the website of your bank and login to Net Banking.
- After this, you have to click on the option of “update Aadhaar card” or “Aadhaar card seeding“.
- A new page will open in front of you, now you have to fill/update the Aadhaar number and click on submit.
- The bank will ask you to confirm the mobile number.
- When the bank will link your account to Aadhaar, you will be notified by a message on your mobile number.
4. Link Aadhaar with bank account through a bank ATM
Some banks including SBI are also providing facility to link Aadhaar card with bank account through ATMs. Customers can also link bank account with Aadhaar card by visiting their bank ATM. But keep in mind that the facility to link your Aadhaar card with bank account is available only on debit cards, which are issued for your bank account. If you want to link your Aadhaar with bank account through ATM, follow the steps given below.
- Swipe the card in the ATM and enter your PIN.
- Now the menu list of the ATM service that will appear in front of you, select the option of ‘Service Registration‘ from it.
- Now you will get ‘Aadhar card registration‘ option, select it (Aadhar card registration option).
- After this, you choose the type of your account such as savings account / current account.
- Update Aadhaar card number and click OK.
After doing this, the bank will link Aadhaar with bank account in a short time.
5. Link Aadhar with bank account through SMS
Many banks are also linking the account with Aadhaar through messages/SMS. You can also link Aadhar with bank account through SMS. For this, your mobile number should be registered with the bank.
State Bank customers can message 567676 by writing Aadhaar number and account number. If your mobile number is not registered with the bank or if your Aadhaar is already linked, then you will get a confirmation message from the bank. If your mobile number is registered with the bank, a confirmation message will be sent regarding the update.
Many banks have not yet started the facility of updating Aadhaar through SMS, so take the information from the bank customer care helpline.
To link Aadhar with bank account via SMS or message, follow the steps given below.
- SBI customers go to the mobile message box (registered mobile number only) and send UID<SPACE>Aadhaar number<SPACE>account number to 567676. Your bank account will be linked to Aadhaar.
Keep in mind that if the register mobile number in your Aadhaar and the register mobile number in the bank are different then the link will not be there.
As per the Supreme Court ruling, it is not necessary to link Aadhar with bank account.
The amount received under pension, LPG subsidy or government schemes now comes directly into the bank account. To take advantage of this, your bank account has to be linked to Aadhaar.
Jan Dhan account holders do not need to link their account to Aadhaar. Such accounts are opened on self-declaration. Such accounts are opened to people belonging to deprived sections of the society and anyone over the age of 18 can open them without any KYC.
These accounts have some limitations, such as they cannot deposit more than Rs 50,000 in them. On submitting KYC documents, your account will be converted into a regular savings account.